Wednesday, January 10, 2018

21-Day Fast - Day 3 - Aesthetically Pleasing



My prayer requests for this year and this fast includes Jonathan's acceptance into an all-boys Christian School located in Princeton called Princeton Academy of the Sacred Heart.  I discovered the school in a central jersey mag last summer while getting an oil change on my car.  I had never heard of the school before and was fascinated with its mission, vision and focus on shaping the hearts and minds of young boys into young men.  The school spoke to me and seemed to be a perfect fit for Jonathan, who has had some difficulties socially at his public school, though he is excelling academically.

I attended an open house in November, but arrived late and had to leave early due to Jonathan's Christmas Play rehearsal. I plan to attend another, shorter open house/seminar next Thursday.  I hope to get some questions answered related to funding to attend, cause Lord knows I do not have the money right now to pay for the school and would require a substantial scholarship.  This is where I need the favor of you, Father God, to move expediently on Jonathan's behalf... to first enable him to be accepted and then for all the funding required to be made available - every year that he attends, which I am believing for till 8th grade.

One of the highlights of the school is it's beautiful library:  
It's even more beautiful in person. Just stunning.

It's a serene learning space that I would have loved to spend time reading in and exploring when I was Jonathan's age.  We both are all about aesthetics.  He's enchanted with the building and once he's living and breathing the vision of the school, I know in my heart that he will thrive there and obtain the tools to walk out what the You have envisioned for his life - what You, Father, have purposed him to become.

Speaking of aesthetics, I find that it feeds a lot of what brings me peace and comfort.  I loved working at Brio Point, not just because of the job itself and working for Laurie, but in large part because of the calm and beautiful office setting.  I still can't shake that expanse of windows next to my desk and even my desk itself - a large, draft-like table made of frosted glass.  All day Adele music or Adele-like music flowed through the air and most of the time I was in the office alone. I gladly commuted there daily on sometimes congested 287 knowing that a place of peace was at the end of my journey.  

The way a building feels and looks - how neat and clean - how much light bounces through and from it - the furnishings - the paint colors - all of that sings to me, either like a chorus of angels, if everything is done right, like the Brio Point office in Bedminister - or clangs, clangs, clangs like a loud, obnoxious gong, like - well, a friend's church building in Branchburg, as an example.  The building exterior is unkempt as is the inside. The children's area a mess and the banquet area, well, a bit worn for the wear.  It's dark and dank and just unappealing. The people there, however, are absolutely wonderful.  And my friend and her husband are indeed very much relational, people-centric folks.  They don't mind dust or a little clutter, crumbs on the floor or counter, things not just right - as long as there is joy, and laughter, and fellowship.  So, for them, their church is awesome and when they visited Life Church, which is newer construction, and for me aesthetically beautiful in a post-modern, industrial way, it didn't resonate at all with them. I believe they felt the same level of love and warmth they receive at their church, but in an all out comparison, they were still trying to recruit me and Jonathan to attend where they go. No.  I'll take the warm and loving fellowship that I receive at Life Church WITH great lighting, beautiful, open, spaces, and bathrooms that are very clean, spacious, and modern.

That's just me.

I have an interview for a job next week for an organization called Center for Supportive Schools. It's an awesome org that provides tools and programs that promote and encourage students to remain and excel in school, graduate and obtain post-secondary education, despite obstacles they might face in and outside the school.  The programs assists students, school administrations and families and I would join the team as an Administrative and Finance Associate for an FDA funded Tobacco Inspection Program (focused on reducing the number of young adults purchasing tobacco products and starting to use them).  I would love to get this job, Father, though, as related to you yesterday, not working outside the home would be my number one pick 😀.  Nonetheless, I took a drive out to the offices today to make sure I could find the place and was overjoyed by the location and the buildings themselves.  Yes, very, very aesthetically pleasing.  It's located in a business park with Georgian style building, not cold corporate offices.  A lot of places to stroll around and close to businesses in the Montgomery area.  But what really made it special was just how close the office is to Princeton Academy and the location where I would like us to relocate, if possible:  Hopewell, NJ.  From Hopewell to the school is about 10 minutes and then about another 10 minutes from the school to the office.  It would be perfect.

I just need to get the job, first.  Then Jonathan accepted to the school.

Then funding for the school.

Then an affordable place to live in Hopewell, since the salary will be...

I don't even want to mention it.

It's incredibly meaningful work, though. And that's important. If the dream dream is still a bit off, then meaningful work in the interim is of utmost importance to me - salary be damned.

I'm counting on You, Father.  With You all things are possible.  I'm believing You will make a WAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment