Sunday, February 10, 2013

The writer inside me

So, I'm getting that inkling that what I should be doing is writing.  Maybe not so much fiction, but creative non-fiction and that I could use this blog as a gateway to that next thing.  I don't know.  A million people have blogs now adays.  Everyone has an opinion.  No one makes really good money writing a blog, at least I don't know anyone who does.  And to be honest, when it comes to a career in writing, I really want to be that woman who simply writes and doesn't have to do anything to promote it, market it.  It just gets promoted via word of mouth and folks appreciate what I have to say, look forward to what I have to say next, and I get paid enough out of the effort - the JOY, really.  On top of all that, I'd still be able to live a quiet life, maybe in a cute home in East Millstone, or maybe Palm Beach, FL - and to travel from time to time with Jonathan.

That's my dream.

So - maybe it's not that far-fetched.  If I could get published in a big way somewhere - like the "Love" column in the NY Times.  That would be a nice seque into a publishing deal - possibly one of those cool artsy foundation grants/fellowships.  Something like that.

It's a matter of discovering my niche. Of figurinig out what I really should be creatively, non-fiction writing about.

I keep thinking that it would have something to do that is allegorical in nature - that somehow slips in the gospel and pricks the hearts of skeptics.

How?

I also have a particular, I would say, God-given insight about relationships and people. I guess it's part of my "perceiving' spirtual gift.  I believe the Lord could use me to relate wisdom and understanding about those things in the writing He pours through me.

I guess I just have to do it.  To discipline myself to write.  Every day.  To daily add something to the blog - and to be intentional about what I write.  And if it means carrying out an idea through several days, then doing that.

Possibly at the end of a year I'll have a portfolio of stuff that is worth something - and maybe this ALLOWING year will be a year for the Lord to move me into the places I need to be so that my writing can be seen, read, appreciated and ultimately PAID for.

Okay.  That is what I will do and I will do it in the spirit of George Mueller: By prayer and faith alone. I need not tell anyone.   I need not make any grand annoucement, well outside of this private blog:-).  If it's the Lord's will and I'm diligent about doing the part I can do, which is sitting down with this netbook every day and writing, the rest will follow.

That is what I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment