Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A call to Hobby Lobby - or a sign from Auburn?

Pulled in so many directions.  My PhD dreams have wained in the wake of such horrific GMAT scores and then seeing that I submitted a couple of my essays with glaring typos.  Ouch!  However, I've been having this strong sense about Auburn.  That I might actually get considered for the program at Auburn - a program that accepts at most 2-3 new candidates per year.  How in the world - why in the world would they consider me?  And if I get called for an interview - what the heck am I gonna say??? 

Hmmm - what did Jesus tell the disciples:

Luke 12:11-12 "...do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, 12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say."

So, I have to think likewise.  That if the Lord sees fit to open this door, He has a very good reason and He will make it all happen.  There will be a purpose for me and Jonathan in Auburn, AL. There will be a purpose.

I'm currently seeing  a more focused pursuit of my writing - but I also know that I really want to pull together some serious research skills to undertake the kind of writing that I really want to do - which runs the gamut from memoir to truly, hard science or at least, substantiated research on stuff like purpose and calling - living with consequences - living Holy and single - living.  Auburn can make that happen.  I can present my words under the guise of the shrewdness of this world, whick will allow me to sneak in the truth of God.  Maybe I'm not saying that right.  Plus, I dont' need the credentials, really.  The disciples, after Jesus' ressurection, suddenly, through the Holy Spirit, had all they needed to become great teachers and preachers.  I don't need Auburn.  However, I was supenaturally led to apply to thiese PhD programs, despite my lack of background and skills and specially, first to Auburn as the main school to apply to.  I got a bit thrwarted with VCU, because of the dreams about VA, but Auburn was the first school the Lord laid on my heart.  AL.  Something about returning to AL.

And that takes me to Hobby Lobby.  I was there today to buy Kay a house warming present (found a cool painting that matches his decor - it spells out Proverbs 3:5) and art supplies so I can create Jonathan's Sprout TV Birthday card (Please LORD, let Jonathan's get on TV - while we're watching).  As soon as Jonathan and I entered, a spirit of peace came over me.  Hobby Lobby always did that in AL.  It's a spiritual place, I believe.  It's annointed by the Holy Spirit because the owners revere and honor the Lord, in every way.  That filters down to each franchise - maybe moreso in some than in others.  It defnintely is there at the new Piscataway, NJ store (sadly, the one in Tuscaloosa, that I did so much shopping in, was destroyed during the 2011 tornado).

Right up front there was info about full-time positions.  They actually pay - nationwide - 13 per hour, full-time, w/benefits, vacation, and 401K.  They pay 9/hr part time. They're not open on Sundays and they close every night at 8PM.  The main thought that came to me is:  I could work here - happily.  And doing so would give me a lil income to allow me to pursue my writing full throttle. That this income with my savings could hold me over till I got a legitimate publishing deal of some sort or at least start pulling in regular income from self-publishing.

Just a thought.

But maybe a thought that's simply connected with the pull back down south. A pull back to AL.

Lord - it's You alone that I hope in and who I depend.  You have set a path before me.  Help me to simply discern, follow.

Praise.
Commit.
Trust!

Allow, Allow, Allow!  That's all I need and must do.  It's just a lot of fun to consider all the possibilities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment