Friday, February 1, 2013

Beyond Big Blue...

This is my final note to my IBM Family...

From:        Kim Ivey/Poughkeepsie/IBM
To:        DEPT269-REG, Synergy Development-eServer-WW, Sandra Kipp/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, holttl@us.ibm.com, tae@us.ibm.com, jenjohnson77@gmail.com, yoan@us.ibm.com, kingl@us.ibm.com, Jennifer Raisig/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Christopher Dawson/Raleigh/IBM, Royce Espey/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Stephen Bream/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, apjones@us.ibm.com, Paula Cross/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS, lolitaj@aol.com, anitaparrita2@gmail.com, aprilnichelle1729@yahoo.com, kimgentrymusic@gmail.com, miracle@us.ibm.com, lcosley@yahoo.com, Laura Finlaw <hirelaura@yahoo.com>, mocha_v@msn.com, jlisaiah4031@yahoo.com, silyn.solomon@mcmaster.com, peggywsn@aol.com, fowlerda@bellsouth.net, kelvin.wilson@daimler.com, timbocooper@aol.com, la31@cornell.edu, zarida.brokenborough@ml.com, kbayconish@hvc.rr.com, merlyn@nc.rr.com, philacarr@yahoo.com, jodgepodge@gmail.com, w.scott40@verizon.net, Bible Study Group, Julie Lee/Burlington/IBM@IBMUS, "acm406@hotmail.com", "cathyfwang@gmail.com", "christine_waithe@yahoo.com", "kchrissy@msn.com", "lauramlucas@gmail.com", "patty@liquidchurch.com", "zuraida.pugh@yahoo.com", kaiserjak@gmail.com, terrilmathews@yahoo.com, kimqunett@gmail.com, James Latta <wegoperu@gmail.com>, "Larry & Susan Salay" <larrysusan_salay@wbt.org>, "Craig and Jamey Cihak " <us@cihaks.com>, alanrbb@yahoo.com,
Date:        01/31/2013 07:37 PM
Subject:        Beyond Big Blue...
 
Well, this email marks my last one as an IBMer.  As of tomorrow, February 1, 2013, I will be venturing into the unknown of life beyond Big Blue.  This journey is by choice, with the ultimate goal to live out the conviction expressed in my signature quote below -- sooner rather than later.  I must say that I'm quite excited about what lies ahead!

Nonetheless, there is sadness about leaving a place that has been so integral to who I am for almost 16 years.  During my tenure, I had the opportunity to work on some amazing (and, yes, often times CHALLENGING:->) projects, with an awesome assortment of individuals - many of whom have remained friends, and some becoming almost like family members.  And that is what I will miss the most:  The people.  IBM indeed attracts the best and the brightest.  The talent in this company is awe-inspiring.  It's been a blessing to be a member of several teams that have made tremendous contributions to the achievements of what I still consider a great company.  

But beyond the talent was just the genuine camaraderie, the laughter, the fun, the kindness, the servant-heartiness, the ready willingness to help each other in a crunch.  I can only hope and pray that whatever I end up doing next, I'll have the good fortune of doing it with a similar caliber of folks.

In any case, though I'm leaving Big Blue, I'm not going away.   My phone numbers are below and my external email is kimqunett@gmail.com (and yes, for all who have wondered what my middle initial stands for, you now know).  If you have my current IBM email in your address book, please be sure to replace with this new one.  

And with that, I bid you adieu.  All the Best to everyone and God Bless!



Kim Q. Ivey
Cloud Systems Software ID
kimivey@us.ibm.com
205- 393-5028 (cell)
732-659-6143 (home)

"We each have a dream, a vision of life that corresponds to our convictions, embodies our uniqueness, and expresses what is life-giving to us.  Daily we make choices that are either consistent with or contrary to our vision.  A life of integrity is born of fidelity to that dream." - Brennan Manning

No comments:

Post a Comment