Saturday, March 31, 2012

Flesh of my flesh...

18 Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for[corresponding to] him.” 19 Now out of the ground the Lord God had formed[and out of the groud the LORD GOD formed] every beast of the field and every bird of the heavens and brought them to the man to see what he would call them. And whatever the man called every living creature, that was its name. 20 The man gave names to all livestock and to the birds of the heavens and to every beast of the field. But for Adam[the man] there was not found a helper fit for him. 21 So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. 22 And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he made[built] into a woman and brought her to the man. 23 Then the man said,

“This at last is bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called Woman,
because she was taken out of Man.”[The Hebrew words for woman (ishshah) and man (ish) sound alike]

24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Lord, your will be done in our lives - myself, Lolita, April, Anita, Sandy, VerRonda, Dana, Mia, Katie, Joanne, and Terri - as it relates to our desire for marriage. Your word declares that it was not good for man to be alone. You remedied that situation in the very beginning of creation by building a woman for the man and bringing her to him. And then you mandated that a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. So, I thank you for building each of us, and for bringing each of us to the men who will obediently leave their father and mother and hold fast to us as their wives. And I thank You for enabling us, through Christ, to become one flesh. I thank you that You are aware of all the details of this process and that we can trust in You. We long to please You and live for You. We Love You and Honor You will all our hearts! You are awesome God!

This is my request for the next 40 days. I thank you for unfolding your plans for our lives. I look forward to the testimonies! In Jesus, I pray, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment