Saturday, March 24, 2012

Liquid Fast - Week 1, Day 6

// READ & FEED: Today read Psalm 40 and pay attention to the first 3 verses.

1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the LORD
and put their trust in him.

// JOURNAL: A HUGE part of fasting is waiting patiently for the Lord... waiting to hear from Him and asking Him to put something NEW in our hearts... a new approach, a new response, a new hope... a new SONG...

Like me, you may have noticed, since we have been FASTING as we humble ourselves before God, that our willingness to be patient and listen to Him has increased dramatically. It brings a smile to face think of the simplicity of the words spoken by David in Psalm 40...

I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God...

Take a few moments to write about the areas that you are trying to wait patiently on the Lord. Ask God to help you in this. Share with Him why this is hard for you and admit to Him you need His help.

Lord, I'm eager to know for sure that November is the time to leave or if it should be earlier, or later - or never. I'm still a bit confused - or afraid. I thank you for your patience with me and I have immense faith that an assured response is on its way.

The desire for marriage to a man I am suited for and who is suited to me - similar to VaLisa and her husband - is still strong -- yet I'm equally content being a single mom -- just me and Jonathan. I'm grateful for this alone time with Jonathan - unencumbered by the responsibility of being a wife, as well. However, my heart longs to eventually have a complete family - and another child. I rest in You, believing this desire is part of your perfect plan for my life and that marriage will occur in your good timing. I am grateful for now. Praise You Lord God for NOW!

I see glimpses of Your wonder working power in my parent's marriage. Oh, Lord, if I can also see evidence of You moving the hearts of Brandon, Kay and Bill to you -- I believe You are doing that work. You are ever changing them, transforming them, making them hungry and thirsty for you -- in a way that's unquenchable. Lord, for eternity's sake in their lives: MOVE!! In Jesus' name, I pray, amen!

Oh -- in terms of leaving IBM, I'm seeking also confirmation about teaching. I have a desire to be a person of color that is teaching students at Wilberforce, and being a force that can be used to draw more children of color there -- I also have my ministry and family. So many avenues. Only Your perfect plan shall I follow. In your perfect name, I lift up all these things - amen!!

// PRAY: I want to encourage you today to take some time and ask God to put a NEW SONG in your heart... a song of forgiveness, of patience, of trust, of hope... a song of praise to our God as we wait patiently upon Him. Enjoy just resting in His presence and allowing your heavenly Father to give you a new song to sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment