Saturday, January 7, 2012

Wedding inspiration

I've been fascinated for the past few days with a couple of very creative wedding sites: The Bride's Cafe (http://thebridescafe.com) and Munaluchi Bridal (http://munaluchibridal.com).

There are a multitude of real wedding pics on both sites that are quite beautiful and inspiring. I know for myself I have a vision of actually being married in my parent's living room and then going out to an intimate dinner with family afterward. However, a few months later, I would like us to marry again in a small and simple but elegant ceremony at the Lady of Restoration Chapel in Cold Spring, NY - having an intimate brunch reception afterward in the Chancery. I know that a great photographer, great caterer and great florist will be necessary -- and very unique favors and welcome gifts for guests staying overnight. I believe that our intimate dinner after the first ceremony will take place at Sophie's Bistro. I would like Pastor Kelvin to marry us in Cold Spring and Rev. Robinson to marry us at my parents (or maybe we'll have two Pastors in Cold Spring).

Just my rough sketch vision. I place the absolute details in the hands of my Father in heaven.

Oh -- I do have a dress for the first ceremony. That sweet little dress that I bought in New Hope. I still need my petal pink shoes, however...

But let's return to the http://munaluchibridal.com site.

Last night, I was particularly moved by a story about an ex-NFL player who married his bride, while she was battling cancer, only 1 month before she passed. The video truly messed me up and was a pivotal thing for me to see. I got a real glimpse of the love that Christ displayed to us through this man's show of love for his wife -- to give her the wedding that most women dream of -- to take that walk down the aisle, to kiss the man that you love at the alter after exchanging covenant vows before our Father - to dance that first dance with your husband -- to dance that beautiful poignant dance with your dad (she actually got the strength to boogie down with her dad:->). It truly was life changing. I pray I never forget what I learned there: Love is never about what you can get -- it's ALWAYS absolutely, completely, unquestionably about what you can give...

No comments:

Post a Comment