Thursday, January 12, 2012

Amazing Jonathan!

This little boy utterly amazes me on a continual basis!


He is now 10.5 months old. He took his first steps on 12/22/11 - still 9 months - so we can say he started walking at the young age of 9 months. However, he did go back to mainly crawling for a nother week or so and then on Thursday, 1/4/12, decided he'd had enough of the crawling, and has been toddling along like a pro ever since.

Just amazing!

I mean, he's got it down where he's already able to walk pass us through tight spaces, turn in circles, turn corners without a beat, open and close doors while standing, climb up on his safety gates and get back down, and skip to his next destination, climb the stairs, get to the landing, stand up and go on his way, walk while holding objects and playing with them, like my iPhone.

My mother keeps telling me "Where did you get this boy??! We never really had a baby."

No, we really didn't. Jonathan did the sleepy infant thing for about 1 week and he's been up and at it ever since. His mind is so quick as well as his hands. I think he comprehends so much. He can watch a cartoon like he knows exactly what's being said - fully engaged. He can turn on and off the separation anxiety -- and primarily does not get anxious. For example, this Sunday at church, a lovely older woman, Anastasia saw that I had to leave the sanctuary cause Mr. Rambunctious wanted to talk and not sit still (I'm waiting till he's 1 year to put him in the nursery) so she came out and took him so I could have communion. Well, he went to her like she was his best friend and then proceeded to entertain her and two other ladies until I came back to get him. So very content.

Anastasia has 5 children so I guess she knows what she talks about when she says that Jonathan will be left-handed. I had hoped so, but she confirmed that his first instinct is to grab things or take things with his left hand. I've been testing that all week and for sure, that is the case.

I love it! cause I can already see that his mind is quick. Left handed folks are quite creative and typically pretty smart - and some very successful folks are left-handed (Obama, Bill Gates, Oprah).

I got a bit sad a few days ago just thinking about my amazing, advanced, express little boy. Right now he's about an 18-month old in a 10 month old body. I believe he's always gonna be like that - slightly frustrated with where he's at in his body because his mind is so far ahead of it. And then when he's able - zoom - off he will go and I will likely not see much of him after that point. The Lord has created in him a zest and zeal for life and people. He will be a great man of influence - the example of Godliness with fervor for the Lord that I've prayed over his life. I believe he will be not unlike Billy Graham - a man that the Lord will use to draw millions to the throne of grace. He is gifted, talented, and God's special creation. What great things the Lord has in store.

And what graciousness the Lord extended to me. Using the early hours of a warm spring day to bless me in a situation that I was not proud of, but I could not keep myself from - to grant me the privilege of carrying and caring for such a special little man. Oh amazing amazing Jonathan.

Oh amazing, amazing God: Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment