Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sol...

For several years an old colleague from POK has been trying to connect me with her younger brother, Solomon (Sol to family - Saul to his friends). It just hasn't happened. The closest was in the spring/summer of 2010 - right before I discovered that I was pregnant with Jonathan. I had to back out of a bbq that Betty invited me to because I was in the thick of things with Kay and Phil B. had recently also stepped back into the picture. I was a royal mess, emotionally, and didn't think it was wise to try to meet someone new at that time in my life. She said that Sol was disappointed and that she was certain if we'd meet, I would get a husband out of it! She's got such a conviction in her heart that we would be great for one another.

Well, fast forward to summer 2011. Betty contacts me again - me now with beautiful Jonathan - and inquiries if I'm still interested in meeting Sol. I say sure. She says she'll get back to me on arranging something. She never does. Good thing. Even though I was at the tail end of my "situation" with Kay, I was still tip-toeing in the mucky mire of it, and so it was, yet again, not a good time for me to meet Sol.

We come to early January 2012 - in the wake of two fasts related to meeting my husband. I receive a Christmas Card from Betty saying she'll call me after the New Year. I decided to go ahead and send her a New Years greeting on 1/5/12 (2 = Witness, Agreement, Partnership). She's glad to hear from me and mentions again my meeting Sol. We set up a meeting for Saturday, 1/7/12 (4 = God's creative works - Perfect Order of God). However, Betty has to cancel. Sol has a church obligation (a good sign!). We reschedule for 1/28/12 (7=Spiritual Completeness - God's Perfection). More time is good for me - because I'm on a mission to complete some mental, spiritual preparation for meeting someone with whom I can share my life and build a family, centered in Christ. This includes, completing three books and a Joyce Meyer tape series. 21 Days. Can I? Shall I? I hope in God, I will!

So Sol...

Is he he the one I've been asking for all these years? Is Betty like Abraham's servant to Rebekkah: Bringing me to my Isaac? A man who seeks the Lord - older - committed to his mom -- committed to God -- who loves me and who prays for me -- a man I can say Yes to, Pray over, Care for, Encourage, and support -- submit to as my head under Christ?

Lord, you've heard my prayers. You know the final outcome.

I state here in an act of faith that I'm believing that You have ordered our steps and that You have heard our prayers. That You have moved heaven and earth and timed our meeting according to your perfect plans for our lives. I believe that You desire for Sol and I to become great friends and that You are able to knit us together to become deeply intwined, through our Spirit man, as man and wife - cleaving unto one another - becoming one - uniting to achieve more together than either of us could ever have done alone. I want to be positive for once when it comes to meeting someone. We're both advanced in age. I am now a mother. We don't want to waste any more time. I long to be married and give of myself in marriage - as scary as that really is. As vulnerable and totally OUT OF CONTROL that could be for me. I desire it. I hope for it. Only You can bring it to pass. I hope in You that I am attracted to Sol's spirit - but also to him as a man - in terms of his voice, his hands, his physical appearance -- his breath! (Lord PLEASE let him have good breath!) I thank you even now for an answer to my prayer that the Sol be THE BEST KISSER --- as if I've never been kissed before! And Lord, move him to pursue me with abandon -- to be unto me even moreso than Tim was to Whitney. Let there be a beauty about our connection that inspires others. Move mightily on our behalfs. Not because we deserve it - but by your great, unmatchless mercy & grace alone! YOU ARE My praise and DESERVE ALL MY PRAISE, ALL MY HONOR -- I thank you in advance for what only YOU can do. I DESIRE TO SEE YOU GLORIFIED through this answered prayer. I thank you for preparing Sol and I during these weeks till we meet.

I ask you to find me a very pretty dress - even if it is already in my closet. Lord, make me to be especially pretty that evening. My skin radiant, my hair falling just right - and the beauty of a quiet spirit, being the thing that truly enchants him. Let me be to Sol like no other woman before me. May he be the same for me -- like no other man. Oh, I rejoice in your word, Lord:

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

Hallelujah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment