Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Love Letter to God

I wrote this back in June - the halfway mark in this great year of God's favor, blessings, grace and forgiveness! I think it's suitable for me to publicly make this declaration as the year draws to a close.

May these words from the deepest part of my heart carry me into the New Year and beyond. To the Lord God almighty -- my Abba Daddy -- my all in all: I LOVE YOU!
*******************************************************************

Dear Lord, there are not enough words. I have a great love for Jonathan. He rocks my world. To the very depths of myself, I love him and am so grateful for him. I don't believe any man, any vocation, and gift will ever surpass the love and devotion - the passion - that I have for that little boy. Only my love for You surpasses it.

I love you because You are persistent. You are dependable. You are reliable. You have been my absolute, closest, dearest friend in ALL the earth. No one knows me like you know me, and yet you still stick around! In my loneliest, more painful times, you've been there. I think that's what it really comes down to. I can't make it any more simple. When all else passes away - you are. That's it. So, I find myself caught up in some prickly, intentional sins, gripped by fear and anxiety, blocked by petty resentments and jealously, bound up with procrastination and selfishness. You are. You remain. You stay. You hold me. I care for Kay. I love him --- am in love with him (but desiring to fall out of this prevailing love for him), however, he'll never take your place in my life. No one can. That's it. No one can. You're it for me, Lord. You satisfy me. I see myself walking through the botanical gardens in Birmingham. In the thickest part of the park -- no one around, but feeling perfectly safe. You were with me. You're always with me.

Lord, I love you. I'm in love with you. I long for you. I need you. That will never, ever, ever change. If I have a hard time bonding with any man -- being nitty gritty tight with any woman -- it's because I've been created and made to be devoted and tight with no one other than you, first and foremost. You were gracious to give me one other to love on almost as strongly, but still leap years away - and that's Jonathan. My child will never love me back the way I love him. However, what little love I show you - that I think is so overwhelmingly great -- can never compare to the deep, abiding, rich, magnificent and perfect love that you have for me. Nothing.

I love you Lord. I love you my Father. I LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment