Thursday, December 29, 2011

Aspirations

I'm mentoring a student who attends a new technical High School in Brooklyn, co-founded by IBM. Her name is La Kya, and she's very sweet. For one of our assignments, we had to list some aspirations/goals that we have in life. I listed my travel goals in the previous post. Here are some others:

***
I must accomplish this in my CAREER: The Lord has blessed me to accomplish everything I wanted to in my current career. My next goal is that the Lord allow me to start a whole new career as a practicing PhD in Social Work, utilizing my scholarship as an active researcher/instructor in the discipline, and as an accomplished non-fiction writer, and most importantly, as a founder of a non-profit that provides funding to individuals in full-time Christian service (particularly those working with Sexual Abuse survivors and victims). The non-profit would also provide a free retreat center for these individuals, located in a quiet peaceful setting, where they can recharge and relax. My research focus will be a mix of exploring the Christian ethos as a factor in the lives of Christian sexual abuse victims AND (possibly an odd mix) the use of creative interior design/decorating to generate healing, peace, harmony in the lives of individuals and families.

***

I must LEARN how to: ride a motorcycle, mountain bike, ski black diamonds, play the piano, play the guitar, latin ballroom dance, knit

***

I must MEET this person: My husband to be! (If not actually, re-meet him:->)

***
I must READ this: The Bible - front to back.

No comments:

Post a Comment