Saturday, July 23, 2011

It is HOT -- time to rejoice in the blessings of AC

We're in the midst of a PAINFUL heatwave here in NJ. Actually, most of the country (30+ states) are suffering. 115-125 heat index kind of sweltering hot.

I rejoice in God's goodness!

For I remember as a little girl going through a similar heatwave with NO AC. Just a fan, propped in my window. I can still feel the oppresiveness of those excrutiating, sleepless nights.

So, right now, I'm feeling the favor and goodness of God in a remarkable way. I'm in an older home with room acs. Those rooms without ACs - the pain is acute. But the rooms with ACs, with ACs -- man! Praise You Lord God, for you are INDEED the giver of good things!

And Lord, I lift up a prayer for those who are suffering in the way that I did as a little girl. The elderly, the infant, the family, in a crowded home, without the means of cooling off. Comfort them - bring a special blessing of your calming, cooling presence - and bring relief soon, through more pleasant, bearable weather. You ARE the Lord of hosts and creator of all things. I believe that the heat is here to do your purpose. Yet, I beeseach you to expedite that purpose and bless us with lower temperatures, sweet summer breezes, and relief, relief, relief!

And as we wait for this relief, and anytime we find ourselves living through a period of discomfort, let's join City Harmonic in praising the great I AM and who His is -- even the Lord of our weather -- and always the God of all comfort who is worthy to be praised!!

No comments:

Post a Comment